LAKE LIGHT SCULPTURE
Lake Light Sculpture is an inspiring outdoor sculpture exhibition and competition which will be held along the stunning foreshore of Lake Jindabyne in the Snowy Mountains of NSW from 10 to 13 April 2020.
The Easter long weekend offers a fantastic opportunity to experience Jindabyne. The sculptures are displayed in an evocative setting with the reflections of the Snowy Mountains on the lake, providing a living studio for the artworks. it is as night falls that the real magic begins. Illumination has, since the festival’s inception, been a defining element of Lake Light Sculpture, with the sculptures lit from sunset to 10pm each evening. Artists embed lighting, reflection and optical tricks into their sculptures to play on the light of Easter’s full moon. The effect is dramatic, transforming the already interesting sculptures and revealing hidden elements. It’s an ideal time to bundle up against the autumn chill and walk hand-in-hand with the ones you love along the foreshore.
Good Friday to Easter Sunday
- Sculpture Exhibition & Sales Horizons
- Small Sculpture Exhibition at Rydges (Snowy Mountains )
- Official Opening & Awards
- Kids Outdoor Studio workshop
- Saturday Night Spectacular – Twilight food market, music and digital projection onto Strzelecki Monument
- People’s choice voting concludes
- Drinks with the artists and announcement of People’s Choice Award winners
- Sculpture Exhibition & Sales
- Small Sculpture Exhibition at Rydges Snowy Mountains